New Referee Courses are being offered by the Wisconsin Soccer Referee Development Program.
These courses will register the Referee for the 2021 calendar year. The courses are open now for registration and pre-work, and will be followed by a Virtual course starting in January and running through mid-April so the New Referee can be out on the fields this Spring.
This course is for new, first time Referees that have not been previously registered as a Referee or a previously registered Referee that has had a lapse in registration.
These courses will register the Referee for the 2021 calendar year.
We will start up courses for the 2021 registration cycle on January 9th and plan to hold them through about April 18th.
This course is for new, first time Referees that have not been previously registered as a Referee or a previously registered Referee that has had a lapse in registration prior to 2020.
New Grassroots Referees must:
(1) Complete all US Soccer required assignments in the Learning Center
(2) Create a GameOfficials account
(3) Successfully complete all pre-course work
(4) Attend an in-person Virtual on-line course
This is a 16 hour course.
The first 8 hours will be in the US Soccer Learning Center completing their required assignments.
Before the pandemic, you would have then attended an 8 hour in-person course for the remaining 8 hours of training.
The Instruction team has taken those remaining 8 hours of training and split them up this way:
4 hours additional pre-course work (on your own)
4 hours Virtual on-line Zoom Course (with Instructors)
This will meet the requirements to register you as a new Grassroots Referee.
These are the steps to register as a 2021 USSF Referee.
1) Create a Referee profile in the US Soccer Learning Center (see attached) This profile is that of the Referee, not the parent. If you have been a Referee or a coach, you will already have an identity; please do not create a duplicate profile.
If you are 18 or older, you will be promoted to pay for and complete a 2-year background check, and complete the SafeSport module – if you turn 18 during a registration period, you will be required to complete the background check and SafeSport in order to continue refereeing.
2) Register in the following course (further information is listed in this course)
Courses/Available Courses/Grassroots-First-Time Referees/Course List
2021-New Grassroots Referee -Assignment Course
3) Complete all US Soccer required assignments in the above course. Go to:
To find the assignments go to: Courses/My courses/Got to Classroom/Assignments
4) Set up a GameOfficials account for assignments (see attached) https://wisref.gameofficials.net
Referees will be creating an account in our 1234 system. Again, this is for the Referee, not the parent. Once the Referee has successfully completed all requirements for their 2021 registration, their 1233 assignment account will be activated.
5) Notify email@example.com for instructions for the pre-course work
6) Once the pre-course work is completed, again notify firstname.lastname@example.org for the date/time for the Virtual on-line courses.
7) Attend a Virtual on-line course
8) Badges will be mailed out upon successful completion of all the above steps.